Monday, December 01, 2003

Birthdays and Gifts

Today is Andy's 45th birthday. We have been married just over 13 years and I have yet to successfully do the birthday gift thing. Andy is not a man who wants "stuff", he doesn't do tools and gadgets and doesn't ever buy things for himself. These qualities make it tough to buy something for him, but this year is THE YEAR I HAVE SUCCEEDED!

I picked up The West Wing on DVD (the first season) for him. We both love this show, but more than that, we love to spend late nights at home after the kids and grandma are asleep lying in bed watching it and talking to each other about our lives and hopes and stuff. Sounds corny, but it is a really nice, peaceful connect for us and I know he will see the gift as me recognizing the value of that time together.

Now if I can just think of ANOTHER great gift idea before Hanukkah!!!

No comments: