Boring Satuday Blog
I lost 4lbs this week. I haven't worked on it much, just quit snacking between meals on junk and started snacking on carrots. I also have been having a great smoothie for lunch everyday. It has filled me up and it is sweet, which is mandatory for me!!
SMOOTHIE
1 medium banana
1/4 cup non fat plain yogurt
3/4 cup fruit ( blueberries or mixed berries are good)
3/4 cup non fat milk
1/2 cup ice
It makes a HUGE smoothie, which according to Weight Watcher's is only 4 points if you drink all of it! I don't count points, but since Andy has lost 65lbs and kept it off for two years using WW, I am mindful of their approach.
We are spending the day catching up on odd jobs around the house and then heading out for an OAKLAND UNIVERSITY basketball game. Andy used to work for OU and Josh grew up (first 6 years of his life) attending basketball games EVERY Thursday and Saturday. We still try to go to a few games each year. It's a great time for everyone and especially nice for Andy to see old friends and colleagues.
I have just about finished re-vamping our school schedule and setting the boys up for the new semester. I'll probably complete that sometime tomorrow. Not many things are changing for Josh, but almost everything is changing for Max. I had started to implement workbooks into his life before vacation as a test, and it was successful, so some of his courses will be workbook oriented. Josh would never have stood for that, enjoying his learning to come only through reading, but Max likes the sense of accomplishment that comes from "finishing" a workbook.
I also added lots of DVD's from MENTURA to our work week. Both boys love to watch movies, even documentaries, so it just seemed natural to add a few in each week as supplements. I am trying to arrange the DVDs to correspond to Max's History and Science topics. Max will consider watching movies a break from "schoolwork" and that will make it an enjoyable way to get some more learning into my son who refuses to read!!!!
Haven't had much time to start the daily journal prompts that Krista is doing on her blog yet, but hopefully when we return to our regular schedule, I will get a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment