No Baby Yet.
The waiting has started, but so far we have no signs of a baby. My SIL is an accountant, running busily between clients today trying to accomplish as much of her work as she can before the baby decides to come.
The boys are jumping everytime the phone rings, asking, "Is it the baby?" We are all excited to have a new baby join the family, the boys wanting a boy and the girls hoping for a girl, and everyone hoping for healthy.
I am spending today sorting through the boys' closet. It is a nightmare. Ever since we combined them into the same room to make room for Grandma, their closet has been a problem. The old closet system was simple. Josh had a closet that held all his clothes, current season and any leftovers for the next season. Max had a closet that held the clothes he was wearing currently and the stuff he had to grow into. Now it is all in one closet. Two boys use the closet daily, which means that there are clothes on the floor, on the door, in various stages of folded or hung all the time! I am thinking that we are in a situation that calls for downsizing of the wardrobes. Maybe the problem is we just plain own TOO MANY clothes. After I sort out what we own and decide what to keep and what to toss and what to donate and what to sell , I think I will be a happier mom!
School work is moving along nicely, Max finally mastered multiplication of two digit numbers today. I waited to teach multiplication to him until he had figured out most of the concepts in math on his own. I never asked him to memorize anything, just let him use the facts to do some work. Now, in a matter of weeks, he has learned what took Josh a matter of months/years to grasp. I really believe that waiting another year, until mid-4th grade, to teach these skills would benefit most kids... .but hey, who am I to suggest these things. Anyway, it worked for us.
I think we are taking a week off of school soon, for winter break or spring break or something like that. Seems to me that the public school kids will be off next week, so maybe I will give the boys the week off as well. All depends on the baby's timing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment