Finding normal again
Dad is doing really well now. The antibiotic seems to have started kicking the pneumonia out of his system and he is beginning to feel a little stronger. He still has several weeks of recovery ahead of him, trying to gain back his strength.
Our life has settled back into normal since Dad is doing better. We are spending tomorrow at the Detroit Kennel Club Dog Show . We have never been before, but Max really wanted to go for his birthday and my Dad and step Mom gave him the tickets for his birthday. We are all pretty excited to spend the day surrounded by 2000 dogs and their owners!!
School is coming along nicely for Max. He has somehow grown up in the last month and decided that he will do the work he needs to do everyday, so that he can have the afternoon free to pursue his own interests. He is my "unschooler" by nature and I made a deal with him that he would do 1 folder of "paperwork" each day and then can " play" (no tv, playstation or computer) the rest of the day. I place some math, reading assignments, grammar and spelling, sometimes geography or art, in his folder each day. I also make him read for 30 minutes each day, whenever he feels like it. Since we began this system, he is much happier and so am I.
Josh and I are debating whether or not to enroll him in American School next year. We just can't decide what is the best thing for him. I know that we are going to use American School to get him a diploma because we decided long ago that we wanted him to have an accredited diploma. I am just not sure if we should enroll him for the fall, or wait another year until he is the age he would have been when he started ps high school.... so I guess we will be mulling this over this spring until we have reached a final decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment