How Do You Know?
About 4.5 years ago my Mom died. She had been ill and it was not a terrible shock when she died, but it was hard and still is.
My Mom and I talked every day. I called her just to see how she was and she called me just to see how I was. It was simple and casual conversation that somehow always left me thinking I was doing alright by my family, especially when I was doubting myself.
So fast forward to the present. ....
How do I know? I am sitting in my room today, thinking about my life and all the areas that I feel are not up to par. I am thinking that if Mom was alive, I could call her and she would tell me what she thought. She would help me get on track where I needed to be and let me know I was doing ok in areas that were fine. But she isn't here. And for the last 3.5 years I have been in a fog trying to figure out how I do it myself??? I can't seem to find a way.
There are so many areas of my life that constantly have me feeling like I am drowning.
Homeschooling
Maintaining a nice, clean and comfortable home
Being a supportive and loving wife
Caring for my Grandmother well
I just feel overwhelmed and know what I need is that little phone call from my Mom, telling me that it is okay and overwhelmed is part of the whole thing.
How do I learn to do that for myself???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment