Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Picture this

I can't post photos because I am computer illiterate. But if I could, you would see a very proud father pinning a smallish, but very important pin on his son. The son would be dressed in military blue dress uniform and standing at attention as his father did the pinning. The son would be surrounded by Majors and Capt's and other high ranking people that have helped him along the way. The son, although only 13, would stand eye to eye with with his father.

Last night, Andy and I attended Josh's first promotion ceremony at his Civil Air Patrol meeting. I suppose, after a few more promotions, the proud feeling will go away, but for now I am engulfed in it. Josh has really enjoyed being in CAP and has worked hard at setting and meeting small goals for himself. Andy and I are enjoying watching him grow and find interests that are his own. What a nice night.

No comments: