Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Reading

I realized this morning that I am not doing enough reading. I have been so immersed in "doing" things that I haven't taken time to sit down and read something for no other reason than to expand my mind. I spend time previewing books for the boys, and I spend lots of time reading books on "how to.. " teach the boys, clean my house, cook a nice dinner, save us money, invest in a future. I just don't spend time reading for pleasure. As a matter of fact, I am not sure what I would read if I read for pleasure. I think I will try and add a little reading to my day, just for me.

Any suggestions on great books to start with? I need suggestions in these categories
1. books to really read slowly and think about
2. books to read when you just want to enjoy yourself, and don't want to think to hard
3. really great biographies of anyone
4. mysteries
5. non fiction books that are just wonderfully interesting

Sounds like a good list, now let's see what I can find to take with me on this LONG car trip.

Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Here are some ideas...

1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Staggerford by Jon Hassler (just finished and really liked it)
3. The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio (just read it and really liked it too :o)
4. The Secret Life of Bees
5. Eats, Shoots and Leaves (just finished it...you get the rest :o)

I am trying to get back to reading for my pleasure too.
Not just school, school, church, and parenting.

Donna