Friday, March 18, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Max is feeling a bit better this evening. It took quite some doing to get him to start feeling human again, but for now he is eating and drinking and playing like a regular 11 year old boy.

We started the day with a nebulizer treatment, some prednisone, some tylenol for the 102 fever and a bit of juice.

Then Max threw up the tylenol, juice and prednisone and fell asleep while I went to the store to get more albuterol. While he was sleeping, the dog managed to chew the tubing on the nebulizer.

I come home from pharmacy, prepared to give a breathing treatment, only to find that the tube is ruined. No worries. We always have spares. I get the spare, attach it, fill it with meds, turn it on. Spare tubing leaks all over Max.

I head to the medical supply store to buy new tubing, mouthpiece and other paraphenalia (and a spare set too). I Return home to find Josh feeling lousy, Max feeling a bit better.

Max's airway is less constricted tonight and he is out of the "red zone" on his peak flow, so all in all we made good progress today. If we have an uneventful night, he should be back to normal by Tuesday.

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Get Well Max and Josh!
Take care, Marie!