Wednesday, March 02, 2005

OM craziness

Our odyssey of the mind competition is March 12th. The first and second place team from each problem,from our regional competition get to advance to the State competition on April 16th. My team is only competing against one other team. So, if they can manage to score 75 points, they get to go! It is kind of a mixed blessing this year. The kids didn't work as hard as they needed to until the last minute, so I wanted them to have to really struggle a little bit to get to move forward. They are coming around now, with a week and a half left until competition, which is good.

Grandma's tooth was fixed on Monday. The dentist was able to reconstruct a tooth using what she had left of the old one. It was a long dental appointment for her, almost 3 hours, but she is happy to have the tooth fixed before my uncle arrives on Friday.

I am slowly finishing my plan for Josh's 9th grade year. I have decided on courses and ordered the books with the intent to read through them and begin to create lesson plans sometime in May. Here is what I have decided:

Math --- Saxon Algebra II
Science--- World Physical Geography using Runkle (1/2) Aerospace using CAP (1/2)
History--- World History (Spielvogel text and Teaching Company videos)
English--
Grammar
Comp
Literature-- British Literature (LLATL)
Health--- Heath Health text (1/2)
Computer- Powerpoint, excel, word using "for dummies" (1/2)

No comments: