Great day already!
I got up feeling energized today. It's not quite 9am and I have already got two loaves of bread cooling, a load of laundry in the machine and another couple loads sorted, two kids fed and their school stuff planned out for the day,and dinner is in the crockpot. Grandma is up and dressed and fed and on her way to the Senior Center and Andy is off at work with freshly pressed clothes and a good lunch.
The boys have eye doctor appointments this afternoon and are probably both in for new glasses. We have a few errands to run on the way home from the optometrist and then we will come home for a quicky tidy and dinner before Civil Air Patrol.
Yesterday we were scheduled to go to COSI Toledo with Krista and her boys. I had offered to drive so that we could enjoy the hour or so ride down together, thinking it would be more fun. Krista gets carsick when she doesn't drive. She thought she was passed that, but apparently not. After an hour of driving and stopping by the side of the road, we ended the torture of Krista and turned around and came home. We spent the afternoon easing our guilt for missing the really cool field trip by letting the boys gorge on pizza and pop, and play video games. Next time we will meet at COSI.
I am spending some quiet time this week, if I can find any, thinking about something I would like to do for ME. I am, by nature, a giver. I do for other people first. I dive head first into everything I do, but rarely do I find something to do just for myself. I have noticed that all of my activities and friendships are solidly grounded in homeschooling. While this is wonderful, I think I will be a better person if I can be a little more rounded. I need a hobby, a passion, something that is just for me and not an extension of my homeschool. Hopefully some quiet time of reflection this week will help me find what I am seeking.
Off to take a walk before the day gets away from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment