It's Nephews Weekend
My brother and his wife have taken a long weekend to get away from it all. They are currently enjoying wonderful weather and glorious scenery in Savannah Georgia. Here in MI, it is snowing and 35 today.
My nephews are with us for the next few days. Yesterday morning we picked them up (Zach is 11, Mike is 7 and Ben is 13 months) and headed to the Detroit Science Center with Grandpa and Grandma Sue. We followed that with IHOP for lunch and then on to our house to unload and have a Passover Seder.
Today Andy left for Raleigh NC on business, leaving me to be the single parent of 5 boys ages 13 months to 14 years, and one 93 year old grandma who doesn't realize she can't carry a 24lb baby. For the most part the day went fine. Everyone ate at least 3 meals, some of them more like 5! Everyone was showered, bathed and dressed in the morning. All teeth were brushed at least twice. I even managed to iron clothes and help Andy with a few things before he left, AND I got to shower and eat!!
The kicker on this whole deal is that the nephews go to school tomorrow. I forgot how much it sucks to have kids going to school. There is the uniforms to iron, the lunches to pack, the snacks to pack, the backpacks to pack. They need to go to bed by 9 and get up by 6:30. They need to be out the door fed and clean by 7:20. I pick them up at 4 and bring them home to feed them, change their clothes, do their homework, and pack lunches, snacks and backpacks again. Then we do it all on Tuesday. It seems like such a waste of time and energy to me now that I have homeschooled for so long. But to each his own.
Here's hoping I can manage to get it right!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment