Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Josh's plea

"On Thursday of last week you grounded me for two weeks for being argumentative about a grounding that was later reversed. I think that I should be ungrounded. The following paragraphs describe several reasons that have lead me to this conclusion.
I am normally very good about being respectful and obedient. I am usually a pretty good kid. Most of the time I just let it go when I am punished and go on with my day. I have not been in trouble since I was grounded and have been pretty respectful, with minimal arguments, showing that I plan to be less argumentative.
I have been exceptionally helpful since Thursday, helping you around the house without complaint. I have been doing whatever is asked of me all weekend without argument or complaint. I think that this helps to show that I am sorry for arguing.
The main reason though that I should e ungrounded is that I have learned my lesson.
I know that I shouldn't be arguing with you and dad. I also know that at all times I must be respectful, even if I am angry. Another thing I know is that I am responsible for my own actions and that I shouldn't blame my mistakes on other people.
I can't promise I won't argue with you again, as a matter of fact I can assure you I will. I can give you a guarantee though that I will be trying much harder not to be disrespectful or argumentative. I think I should ungrounded and after reading this maybe you will too."


This was the email I received from my eldest son yesterday afternoon. It is good to know that the punishment is affecting him enough to make him think, and WRITE. Writing is the worst thing that ever been imposed upon him, so voluntary writing means he is desperate.
Warms a mother's heart.

3 comments:

Krista said...

My favorite part: I can't promise I won't argue with you again, as a matter of fact I can assure you I will.

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

You can't argue with his logic! ;)

Perri said...

You left me hanging....did he get ungrounded?