Wednesday, May 11, 2005

So much to do, so little to say.

Mother's Day was wonderful. The boys gave me a new coffee pot. I am a coffee nut and a new coffee pot was the perfect gift. This is no ordinary coffee pot, but a Hamilton Beach Stay or Go coffee pot. It has the capability to make a pot of coffee and keep it warm in the thermal pot for up to 4 hours, OR it can make one travel mug of coffee, OR it can make two travel mugs of coffee. Any of these functions can be programmed so that I can have just the right amount of coffee ready when I get up on any given day. So far, I have only made pots of coffee, but tomorrow is our first day of c0-op and I am going to test the machine by making ONE travel mug of coffee and programming it to be ready as I walk out the door.

Clearly, I need a life because the above items are really exciting to me.

In other happenings, the school year is winding down and the busy summer season is quickly approaching. Max has completed all of his school subjects for the year and will begin "maintenance" next week. This will consist of him starting IEW B and Lial's Basic College Mathematics and doing them throughout the summer. Josh is still completing his grammar course and Runkle Geography, both of which are targeted to be done on June 1. He will spend the summer doing IEW C and finishing Lial's algebra.

Civil Air patrol, archery, 4H, co-op, summer day camp, soccer and hanging out with friends will fill out our summer. Josh has CAP activities on the calendar for the next few weekends. Max has soccer on the calendar for 5 weeks, followed by a half day summer camp until the end of July. Weekly archery practice, monthly 4H meetings, bi-monthly 4H scrapbook meetings, weekly CAP meetings, and of course playing with their friends will keep my unsocialized children occupied for the summer. Or at least that is the plan.

No comments: