Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Nice. Relaxing. Summer.

Yeah, right.

It always amazes me how quickly our summer schedule fills up. I love spring and summer because we are so much more active and outside a large part of the time, but boy do I miss being home during the day and catching up on my housework and baking and reading.

We went and joined the YMCA today. Max is really interested in playing some basketball and there is a fabulous Y in a community about 20-30 minutes from here. It is the closest Y to us and it offers a state of the art center with gym, exercise rooms, indoor track, teen room, huge pool with lap pool, waterslide and kiddie area and more stuff that I am sure I am forgetting. The Y is located 5 minutes from Andy's office so we are hoping to get there three or more times a week and meet up with Andy to work out and just have family time. There is a great "community area" in the building which will allow Grandma to have a place to sit and watch either the gym or the pool while we all work out. The cost is about $65 a month, but we are hoping that we are going to be making an investment in both exercise and family time. I'll let you know how that works out. The boys did "pick up" a game of basketball today while I was registering us, which was encouraging.

Our co-op has been up and running for two weeks now, and things are going pretty smoothly. We have had some adjustments to make and some situations to solve, but all in all most of the families seem committed, happy and the kids are all having a great time.

Other things keeping me busy have been working with the boys on their "summer school" subjects and planning for next year, deciding what room to paint first in the big paint project, and just plain living. (did I mention the big paint project before? We are painting our living room, dining room and kitchen this summer... quite a feat for me)

Summer school subjects are going pretty well. Max is doing Lial's basic college math, at a snail's pace, but some every day. He is also doing IEW level B 2-3 times a week to improve his writing.
Josh is doing Lial's Algebra and IEW C, along with his CAP studies, this summer and is managing to move along nicely in all of it.

What's new in your world?

No comments: