Jul. 23, 2005 - Simple Saturday
Today was a simple day around here. The boys spent the night with some friends, so Andy and I were home alone. We got up relatively early, lazed around the house a bit before eating and dressing. Around 10 we headed out to the grocery store and the farm stand near the house. We managed to stock up on the essentials for another few days and get home before noon.
The afternoon was spent relaxing, doing laundry and vacuuming and other mundane tasks. I made a dinner menu for the week in an effort to try and help me keep within the grocery budget AND empty the freezer out in time to thaw it before vacation. The menu-making motivated me to grind up a bit of wheat and make some bread for dinner, so I did. Two loaves for dinner, two for french toast tomorrow morning and a couple of pizza crusts for the freezer later, I am almost done for the night!! Tomorrow we are headed to see the Tigers play the Twins at Comerica Park. I am not a big baseball fan, but the opportunity to go with some friends from high school and their children had me interested this time. It should be a nice afternoon catching up with friends and enjoying some time with my guys. I am counting on good weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment