Thursday, October 25, 2007

Funny shopping story.

So the boys need clothes. Really need them. Max has grown 8" in 6 months and is now 6' tall. NOTHING he had last year fits. So, I sent them shopping today. Alone. I gave them a budget and some simple guidelines, and turned them loose.

Two teen boys.
$200
mission: get fall clothes
location: "the mall"

They assured me they could handle this. I gave them the cash, and headed to work.


Two phone calls; " Mom, what size jeans do I wear?", and "Mom, what size shirt do I wear?".
One text message asking about the price of something.
One text message with photo of Max wearing a potential purchase.
One call to Dad to laugh about a funny shirt they bought.

$143 spent
2 boys
4 hoodies, 2 jeans, 3 tshirts.
Clothes they like. No shopping for Mom.

The hardest part for me? They are shopping in size L and XL in the Men's Dept.

No comments: