2007 was a year of many milestones in our family. Max became a teenager. Josh got a driver's license. Great Grandma passed away. Josh graduated from high school and went to spend the summer chasing airplanes and training young Civil Air Patrol cadets. Max grew 8 inches. Josh completed the first semester of college. Andy and I celebrated 17 years of marriage.
2008 brings with it great promise for more milestones. I am looking forward to uncovering the joy and lessons each of them brings.
I am not making resolutions, or promises, or goals like many do this time of year. Instead, I am choosing one word, which I will post in some visible places for myself to see daily.
The word I have chosen for 2008 is content. By definition (thank you Merriam-Webster)it means:
feeling or showing satisfaction with one's possessions, status, or situation
I would like to spend more time being content in 2008.
Really feeling that the choices I have made, the posessions I own, the gifts I have to offer, are enough.
I am sure that there will be changes in the way I do things, when I stop to think of my word this year, but I am going to uncover those changes as I live each day instead of outlining them here at the onset of the year and limiting my discoveries with specific "goals".
Happy 2008.
No comments:
Post a Comment