Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Schoolwork accountability

We managed to get some schoolwork done yesterday before we did JASON project.

Josh did a spelling test and a new lesson, a grammar lesson, some Chemistry reading and a math lesson.

Max did handwriting, spelling test, math lesson, map work, presidential biography on John Adams, and on lesson in GUM.

Today Josh has Chemistry with some local homeschooled , high school age kids. We hired a teacher to do the labwork and he rides to the class with a friend, who leaves me her 9 year old son in exchange for Josh.
Max and Joe ( the other 9 year old) will probably play all day today. I don't normally count Wednesday as a school day.

We school 4 days a week, but each boy has a different 4 days. Everyone does schoolwork on Monday and Tuesday. Josh does schoolwork on Wednesday and Friday and Max does it on Thursday and Friday. It worked out this way because Josh is taking two science classes outside the home and both boys are participating in Odyssey of the Mind. I finally realized that we were not going to get 5 days of schoolwork done in a week, even if I kept scheduling it that way. All I was doing was frustrating myself by not keeping the schedule. So, I narrowed it down to 4 days of work and we usually manage to get it all done. Mondays and Tuesdays are days that we don't go anywhere, so I load them down pretty heavy on those days, but it makes the rest of the week easier.

Off to watch the snow fall...

No comments: