spontaneity rules!
Yesterday was scheduled to be a boring Saturday. Andy was going to be gone all day to the Odyssey of the Mind judges training (he volunteered to do this to help out the boys' team), I was staying home doing housework and laundry. Not a thriller, but just another day.
Andy left at 7:30am for the training and I proceeded to do my chore list and manage the boys and grandma through the day. At noon, Andy called and said he was on the way home. He also said, "Can we find someone to watch our family tonight so that we can go out?". Now, for many, this is not a momentous occasion, but for us, it is a very rare one. We have two kids, one dog and a 92 year old. We have to plan everything. I was intrigued by the idea and called my sister, who just happened to be willing to help out.
Andy and I went to a nice little family owned, Mexican restaurant and had a quiet dinner. We talked about his job, our dreams and goals, the kids, Grandma, and just plain nothing. After dinner, we went to Target (boys need socks), and then to Media Play. We had a great time choosing a cd to buy for ourselves with a Media Play coupon that we had. We completed the evening by shopping at Borders with a gift card that Andy was given. We bought the Apollo 13 DVD and another DVD entitled Victory.
It was a much needed evening out for us and I am sure glad that he suggested it! :) We are going to try and do it again on a bi-weekly basis, because it feels important to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment