Monday, June 07, 2004

Happy Family occasions and Sad ones...

Yesterday, we marked the baptism of my nephew, Ben. Today, we learned of the death of my Aunt Irma.

My mother has one brother, my uncle Bob. He is the only living relative on my mother's side. He was married to a wonderful woman, Irma. She died last night.

She was his second wife and he married her about a dozen years ago. We all loved her because she was so full of energy, fun to talk and joke with and always had a kind word for everyone. I will miss her.

I am spending today taking my brother to the airport so that he can get back to New York City and plan to head upstate for the funeral. After I return, I am hunting down suits and ties and dress shoes for the boys and doing laundry, finding caregivers for a dog and two guinea pigs, deciding who is taking Grandma and getting ready to leave late tomorrow or early Wednesday.

2 comments:

Roseacademy said...

If I can help let me know.

Krista said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Marie.

I will take the piggies. I would take Lincoln, but you would have to take Marty. :o)

I will give you a call.