Odyssey of the Mind
I hosted an Odyssey of the Mind Fun Day for our local homeschool group today. We had 40 kids participate in about two hours of problem solving and thinking exercises. There were kids from 5-14 at the event and I think most of them enjoyed themselves. It was really a great time and I am glad that I managed to pull it all together last night so that the kids could have some fun.
Andy took today off to help out with the Fun Day, and to rest, since he has been working so much lately. I think he enjoyed being with us and helping with the spontaneous problem solving.
After the Fun Day, we went to Boston Market for lunch and then came home for some much needed down time before soccer practice and golf lessons this evening. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. It is crazy, busy, but so much fun.
Tomorrow, I am chaperoning a group of our homeschool pre-teens/teens at the opening of Harry Potter. There are about 15 kids going to the 11am showing of the movie. My job is to count heads when we get there and when we leave, and sit FAR, FAR away from them. I can handle that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a good time at the movie. We're going on Sunday. Don't give away any spoilers yet!
Post a Comment