Monday, June 28, 2004

Summer

It is finally starting to feel like summer at our house. The plants are growing, the puppy is growing, Lincoln and Max are outside ALL day long. Knees are skinned, shins are covered in black and blue marks, wet towels are on bedroom floors (because they were never told any different... RIGHT), bathing suits are hanging in all the bathrooms, the refrigerator is full of ice cream sandwiches and fudgesicles. SUMMER!!!

We are done with our schoolwork until September. I am frantically putting the finishing touches on next years plans so that I can enjoy a few weeks "off" with the guys while Grandma is gone to NY. If I work hard for a few more days, I will have everyone's schedules fleshed out and I will be able to relax.

Summer is a great season for me, if I take the time to just relax and enjoy the outdoors and the kids. This will be the first summer in 5 years that I have not had the kids "homeschool" and that means a true period of regeneration for me. I am going to declutter the house a bit, exercise more, swim at the pool with the boys, eat healthier and generally lounge around.

Take time to enjoy the summer season.

No comments: