Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Years Blog

New Years Day started out so wonderfully. Andy and I went out to some of our favorite shops and spent some time browsing and shopping. We went to Starbucks and spent some gift card $$ on a quiet cup of coffee and some really nice time alone.
Now we are home and doing laundry, cleaning the house, enjoying watching the boys playing video games together and just being a family.

My New Years "resolutions" are small this year, and also large.

I am going to do a better job taking care of me this year.
Seems simple enough, but for someone who never goes to the doctor, doesn't eat well, doesn't exercise consistently, doesn't have a consistent outlet for stress, it will be a challenge to put myself on the list of people to care for. I started by making an appointment for a physical on Jan 13th. It will be my first physical in 3 years, and one of only two in the last 15 years. A good start.

I am going to quit complaining this year.
This will be a big one. When I look at my life, I have everything I wanted. Good husband, great kids, home, food, clothing, pets, a family who cares for me, the ability to stay home and homeschool my kids and care for my grandmother... all the things I wanted. So, why should I need to complain??? I think my attitude needs to be more thankful and less petty and that is what I am going to try and work on.

Accepting the boys for who they are
Andy and I are both working on this one. Our sons are turning into young men, and they are turning into decent young men in spite of us! We are both going to work on seeing them as individuals with their own thoughts, feelings and dreams, and accepting them for who they are. This involves allowing them to make choices, grow up a bit and be more in control of their lives... a huge step for parents!!

Finally, we are going to gain more control of our financial situation. We want to work toward some goals in this area, and have a tendency to just "fly by the seat of our pants", so some planning and commitment are necessary.

2004 was a good year for our family, and I am hoping 2005 will be even brighter..

No comments: