I am reading a really good book.
Well, at least I think it is a really good book. The book is titled I Don't Have to Make Everything All Better: 6 practical principles that empower others to solve their own problems while enriching your relationships.
The book talks about validation and how we all crave it, yet do not give it to others. The author really got to me when discussing how people have a tendency to try and "fix" the problems of others, when in fact most people are not looking for help in solving their problem but just understanding and compassion for the emotions they are feeling because of that problem.
I haven't finished the book yet, but just the first few chapters have given me food for thought. I enjoy reading when there is thinking to be done after the book is finished.
I am also reading:
Eats, Shoots and Leaves (great little book for grammar nuts)
Profiles in Courage (JFK)
Ten Minutes from Normal (Karen Hughes biography)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment