Another step closer ...
Josh left at 5:30 this morning for Civil Air Patrol Encampment. He will spend the next 7 days in Alpena, MI, marching, running, flying, drilling and just doing all kinds of things that he thinks are really wonderful.
It's his first week away from home, ever. I was/am excited for him, but I also miss him already.
Max is excited about having us to himself for the entire week, and not having to share the computer, the playstation, the TV or anything else. It will be the first time in his life that he has been without his brother for an entire week and he can't help but think life must be better without someone older constantly giving you instructions and advice.
It is odd how my schedule changes with Josh gone. No driving to meetings, or friends houses, or basketball games. With the exception of driving Max to summer day camp every morning, my entire schedule is free. I plan to spend the week cleaning, decluttering and writing our plans for the fall. Should keep me busy enough!
Hopefully I won't miss him too much. Hopefully I will stop focusing on this as one more step towards him being independent. How is it that independence has been the goal for the last 14 years, and now that we are starting to see evidence of it happening, I am thinking it might not be such a great idea?????
Moms!
We are an odd bunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment